Monday, January 4, 2021

Thrybergh Country Park, Thrybergh, Bramley, Newhall Hamlet, Hooton Levitt, and Maltby

Today's walk started at Thrybergh Country Park, on the way to Rotherham.  I walked along the eastern shore of the reservoir there, the path was very icy in places and I had to watch every step I took.




I then took the footpath leading along the edge of a field to a housing estate at at Thrybergh, this was much better underfoot, being a tarmacked surface.

I walked through the estate and then up and over the landscaped spoilheap of Silverwood Colliery; this location isn't as attractive as the ones nearer to Doncaster are. After walking through another housing estate I needed to use an urban road to reach the centre of Bramley, there are a few shops there...and this Bramley has nothing to do with the apples. I was here on Saturday when it was snowing.

More walking through yet another housing estate was required until I reached the road to leads to Newhall Hamlet, marked as Newhall Grange on the map.





I  then continued along the track to Hooton Levitt and finished at Maltby, along this section of the walk there wasn't much ice...but there was a lot of mud.






No comments:

Post a Comment