Saturday, December 5, 2020

Rossington, The National Horseracing College, Mount Pleasant Hotel, Hayfield Lakes, and Doncaster Lakeside

Now that we're out of lockdown again I'm able to travel locally on the buses and I travelled to the church at Rossington, it doesn't take very long.









I walked down the path that goes through the housing estate until it reaches some playing fields, and then open countryside. I spent some time there exploring, I think it might at one time have been the parkland belonging to Rossington Hall.





















I made my way over to The National Horseracing College, which is based at the hall, and then looped back northwards to the Mount Pleasant Hotel before walking along the Great North Road for a few hundred yards until I found a path leading off through the woods.




















I captured three watertowers in this shot of the Great North Road.





The path took me to Hayfield Lakes and then the houses at the southern end of Bessacarr. My walk finished by picking up the Doncaster Greenway and going home via the Lakeside area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment