Monday, July 6, 2020

Old Edlington

I walked to Hexthorpe and then continued along the riverbank to Warmsworth before heading down the course of the old railway line to Martinwells Lake. At Hexthorpe I did a short detour to visit the church, it's a difficult building to photograph.





I climbed out of the Don Gorge at the cemetery.


Right next to the cemetery there was a lovely wildflower meadow.



I found somewhere pleasant to eat my sandwiches at Martinswell Lake and then for ten minutes it rained, the only time it did today.


 I then cut through the housing estate and went up the hill to Old Edlington.















I headed to the east along Back Lane and at the point where it turns sharply to the right I went into Edlington Wood and walked along a path that isn't shown on the map - none of the paths in the wood are though. I came out on to Broomhouse Lane and for the final three and a half miles home I needed to walk through suburban streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment