Wednesday, July 1, 2020

How Far?

Since lockdown I've only been able to travel as far as I can walk, at most probably about six miles before I have to set off on my homeward journey. This means that I haven't been beyond the boundaries of Doncaster Borough, although when I've reached Edlington and Conisbrough I've been in areas which have Rotherham phone numbers.

I decided to set myself the challenge of working out a walk to the nearest point that's not in Doncaster, and after studying my maps it looks like it's Green Lane at Barnburgh, somewhere I visited in February, just before lockdown. There's some nice countryside over there, but it would mean adding an additional five miles to the length of longest walk I've done starting from my doorstep, much of the distance covering areas I've already been several times...so I've not decided yet whether or not to proceed with this idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment