Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Blackwell Turn, Millers Dale, Priestcliffe, Brushfield, and White Lodge

I caught the TransPeak bus from Bakewell and travelled to Blackwell Turn and then walked down into Chee Dale.










I arrived at Blackwell Mill Cottages and headed down the dale, going eastwards. 














The first set of stepping stones was high and dry, the second set, less so.











I briefly entered Millers Dale and then climbed up through the woods to Priestcliffe. It was a steep and strenuous climb, several hundred steps cut into the hillside. It's certainly something I don't remember undertaking before. 

I took a track going to the north of High Dale and continued heading eastwards to Brushfield.




I finished the walk by dropping down to the bus stop at White Lodge; I had to rush but arrived with a minute to spare...the bus was twenty minutes late though. At Bakewell two consecutive buses going to Sheffield were cancelled and so I had to wait for over an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment