Saturday, July 16, 2022

Bakewell, Great Longstone, Little Longstone, Monsal Head, and White Lodge

My walk today wasn't as long as I'd planned for, the local bus from Bakewell to Youlgreave didn't turn up. I gave it fifteen minutes and then set off to walk along Buxton Road and then across the parched fields to Great Longstone.

The first few colourful photographs were taken in Bath Gardens whilst I was waiting for the bus.







I took the path across some pleasant pastureland to Little Longstone and then walked along the road to Monsal Head.





Some stepladders had been positioned in the doorway at Little Longstone church but I've managed to hide them behind a large tombstone in these photographs.







There were a lot of people at Monsal Head and so I didn't take any photographs. I was glad that there wasn't a queue at the ice cream van; as I was enjoying my lolly a young woman wearing shorts and some fairy wings came and sat next to me on the bench. When I saw her naked legs I realised I'd forgotten to put on my knee brace.




Despite the sign and the access being blocked there was a group of people cooling off near to the weir, a few hundred yards downstream - I think the young woman I've just mentioned features in this shot.





I finished the walk at White Lodge, as I did on my previous walk. The bus was late again, by fifteen minutes, and the bus from Bakewell to Sheffield was late by ten minutes...it's not been a good week for me on public transport in the Peak District.

No comments:

Post a Comment