Saturday, March 5, 2022

Middleton-by-Youlgreave, Elton, Birchover, and Stanton in Peak

I caught the bus from Sheffield to Bakewell, and then the local bus out to Middleton-by-Youlgreave. I headed across the fields in the direction of Birchover but the two paths I could have used were both flooded and so I had to loop round to Elton, using the road for part of the way.


















I walked through the village and then headed north to Birchover.




















Just before reaching Birchover I spent a few minutes exploring Rowtor Rocks. 







I then crossed Stanton Moor and walked down the road for a few hundred yards until I arrived at Stanton in Peak.












It was a gentle downhill walk to the Matlock to Bakewell road and I caught the bus into Bakewell at a location called Picory Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment