Monday, March 7, 2022

Bamford to Surprise View

The walk didn't get off to a good start; my first footpath was closed and blocked off and so I had to find another way out of Bamford.




The diversion meant I did get to go past this house though.



 


There were 110 steps to go down and then a steep climb up a sunken lane as I headed towards Hathersage; I didn't visit Hathersage today though.






















A cyclist was struggling to overtake me as I was walking up a hill heading for Higger Tor. Further on he was taking a breather on a seat and I stopped for chat for a few minutes. He told me he was editing a film for a rather demanding client and just needed to get away from the task for a few hours.

After exploring Higger Tor I found a path that goes around the back of Carl Wark and down to the car park at Surprise View, where there's a bus stop.











Towards the end of the walk I noticed this small metal plate screwed to the top of a gatepost.




It was only a short walk today, the weather was disappointing and my feet were hurting me a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment