Sunday, July 11, 2021

Conisbrough, Clifton, and Braithwell

I thought I'd start today's update with a photo of one of my local churches, St James' - it's just across the road from where I caught the bus.




I travelled to Conisbrough and took a photograph of the castle in the distance before walking up Clifton Hill and then continuing along Common lane. Before reaching Clifton I took a path that looped around, meaning that I entered the village from a different direction than if I'd stayed on the road. The final part of the path was quite steep and overgrown, but there are some lovely views from the top.
















I'd forgotten my map and my prepared route and so just made my way over to Braithwell using country roads.







I looked at the timetable as I passed the bus stop and saw that it was half an hour until a bus was due and so I continued walking, hoping to reach Old Edlington in time to catch it there.




 I'd forgotten about the stop at the end of the lane that leads to Clifton, and so was able to get on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment