Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Bawtry Forest

I reckon that Bawtry Forest is the place nearest to home where I haven't been walking, and so that's where I went today. It's just to the north and west of Bawtry and so I travelled on the bus to the north of the town and accessed the forest by going down Martin Lane. Before doing that though I went to the cemetery to photograph the pretty chapel there.





After only about a quarter of a mile I was in open countryside, and it was about a mile until I reached the actual forest.




There's a pig farm in the area.


The forest is private land, but there is public access, obviously none of  the paths is shown on the Ordnance map, or any other map that I could find. I was hoping there'd be a way for me to get over to Rossington or Tickhill, but there wasn't. I did a loop of about a mile and a half, mainly sticking to the edge of the forest...and then disappointingly had to return down Martin Lane to the bus stop at Bawtry.













No comments:

Post a Comment