Monday, September 21, 2020

Maltby, Hooton Levitt, Carr, Brookhouse, Laughton-en-le-Morthen, Throapham, Letwell, and Langold

I travelled to  Maltby. and  walked to the footpath which starts at the back of the churchyard and goes for half a mile through the woods and along the edge of a field to Hooton Levitt.




I didn't photograph anything at Hooton Levitt, but this was the view as I was leaving and heading over to Carr.




There are some quite nice houses at Carr.




I briefly walked along the road until I reached a footpath which climbs up a hill and then goes down into the valley at Brookhouse.






I then needed to climb again, up the road that goes to Laughton-en-le-Morthen. The church is located at the beginning of the village and so I decided to take a quick photo before taking a path which loops round to the west, going near to Castle Hill. There were no obvious remains of a castle to be seen, but further along this path when I stopped and turned around there was a lovely view of the church steeple and surrounding buildings.












I arrived at the church at Throapham, to the south of Laughton. 






I then headed  east across the fields and a lovely sunken lane for two miles to Letwell.











I continued to Langold, where I finished the walk.


3 comments:

  1. I like the "Brookhouse" sign. I don't know the area but it looks quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Lee.
    I grew up in Langold but don’t know the area as well as I’d like because I left when I was 18.
    Still come back to visit my mother though, so it’s really helpful to hear about local routes to walk.
    I try this one with my wife when we’re down again.
    Cheers, happy walking,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Lee,
    It’s great to have some recommended walking routes for when I visit my mother in Langold
    Happy walking,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete