Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Carlton in Lindrick, South Carlton, Woodsetts, Shireoaks, and Worksop

I travelled on the Worksop bus to Carlton in Lindrick and walked through the village to the church at South Carlton.








I continued heading west through a wood and across the fields to the edge of Woodsetts, part of the route is a bridleway and it was very deep mud in places due to the horses churning the ground.





I took one of the footpaths that crosses the golf course; they are all well marked with bright yellow stakes.






This path continued to the south, to the Chesterfield Canal, and I walked along the towpath back to Worksop.









When I was checking today's route online I noticed this error on the Ordnance Survey map - 


- it certainly shouldn't be 'Shirebaks Park.'

When the bus stopped to let off some passengers on the journey back to Doncaster the driver got out of his cab and walked down the full length of the bus pressing every one of the buzzer buttons, presumably to check that they were working...I've never seen that before.


No comments:

Post a Comment