Monday, December 16, 2019

My Walking Plans For 2020

I've basically walked everywhere I can reach on public transport in the Peak District and locally, certainly the areas I can reach without needing to catch an additional bus when I arrive in the Peak District.

Recently I've been struggling when deciding where to go for a walk and so for next year I've decided to plan walks based on a theme. Because I'm a bit obsessed with maps and language many of these walks will be linking together locations where the placenames have something in common, or some interesting or unusual history or circumstances. I'm already working on several ideas.

There are still many places I can reach by travelling on the train to Leeds and then catching a bus. These are areas I don't know very well and so a lot of research will be required...it's all part of the fun though.   


1 comment: