Sunday, December 8, 2019

My Walker's Fantasy Christmas Wishlist

I've written items down in the order that I thought of them.

1...Socks with handles - these would be particularly useful for when I get back home from a walk and I'm struggling to get them off because they're damp and clinging to my feet, and I'm maybe also struggling to bend down. These don't seem to actually exist - there are a variety of aids for disabled people though.

2...A rucksack  with a quick release shoulder strap. It would only need to be on the one strap - I could sling the first strap over my shoulder and then fasten up the other one from the front. Yet again no such product seems to exist. The nearest thing I could find was a rucksack issued to the US military during the Vietnam War.

3...A paper map with bus stops shown.

4...A buttering plate with a raised flat surface. I thought this might actually exist because I imagined they'd need them at the stately homes, but I couldn't find anything online. 

5...Non-stuck clothes. As with the socks, when I get home my clothes cling to me and I struggle to get out of them. When I typed the phrase 'non-stick clothes' into Google Images all I got was photographs of irons.

6...Standardisation of Christmas and bank holiday bus and train timetables. Each company has a different system incorporating Sunday services, Saturday services, special bank holiday services, and freestanding Christmas holiday services...and then to add to the confusion some early morning services might not be scheduled to run anyhow. 

7...Coats and trousers with numbered pockets - this would make it so much easier for me to remember where I'd put things...actually I'd prefer it if letters were used instead of numbers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment