Friday, September 27, 2019

Hathersage to Sheffield

I travelled to Hathersage today and specifically found two short footpaths I'd not previously used, something that's becoming increasingly rare these days.








I then headed northwards towards Stanage Edge and Stanedge Pole.









I walked down to the Redmires Reservoirs and then took the path which skirts to the south; my third new footpath for the day. I then had a selection of routes to choose from down to Porter Clough, using footpaths, bridleways and narrow tarmacked country lanes.



Although it had stopped raining a few minutes earlier I was still glad to reach the cafe at Forge Dam and have a hot pot of tea and a toasted teacake...and somewhere dry and comfortable to sit down for a few minutes. There's now a hi-tech system in operation using radio controlled flashing, beeping, and vibrating plastic blocks to let you know when your order's ready - to be honest I found it all rather annoying.

There's also a cafe in Endcliffe Park, a couple of miles further on; it's quite an attractive building.




I could have just walked down to the bus stop and finished the walk there but I kept on going down Ecclesall Road because the weather was fine and I could easily get a bus into the city centre if it started raining again. I almost reached the city centre by the time the next shower arrived; I kept on walking though and took shelter from the worst of it inside the Winter Gardens.


1 comment:

  1. I love walking in the Hathersage area, I must go back soon.

    ReplyDelete