Saturday, September 28, 2019

A Daytrip To Blackpool

I travelled on the train to Blackpool with my friend - and thank you to Justin for paying my fare. It takes three and a half hours to get there and so meant that we only had four hours there but I managed to take a few dozen photographs.









From the North Pier I could clearly see the fells of the Lake District over to the north and the offshore wind turbines to the northwest. The camera didn't do a good job in picking them out though...I can just about see them when I view this photograph on my laptop's thirteen inch screen...and I know precisely where to look for them.




As I crossed over the tram tracks, a few yards away I noticed that an old man had caught the wheels of his walker in the tracks and had fallen over. A young couple immediately rushed to his aid; I saw a tram approaching and although I assumed the driver could see what had happened I stood right out in the middle of the tracks and held my hand up in front of me for him to stop - before he'd come to a halt the old man was up on his feet and safely out of the way. 













It started to spit with rain just as I was walking past Yates's and so I went in and ordered a large portion of fish and chips from the menu - I enjoyed watching the tide receding and the trams going up and down the promenade from my windowside table upstairs.

The rain got heavier and stayed that way for the rest of the afternoon and so I spent my time seeking shelter in the shops.




1 comment:

  1. I know Blackpool well, I used to live there. The donkeys look like they haven't got much business. The sea looks pretty choppy.

    ReplyDelete