Sunday, July 21, 2019

Winterton Open Gardens 2019

Winterton, a small country town four miles north of Scunthorpe is only thirty one miles away from Doncaster according to Google, yet not only had I not been there prior to today, I'd not even heard of it until about four months ago when I began researching Open Gardens events to visit this summer.

It was a really good find; it's an attractive town, mainly Georgian architecture I should think with some quite grand buildings along most of the central streets.

As usual I went in the car with Siobhan, my support worker, so we got talking to a lot of people...both locals and fellow visitors alike.

We didn't just visit the gardens, we explored most of the town and so there are some general townscapes included with the photos below, and the unusual chapel of ease at the cemetery...and of course, the church.

































On the way home we stopped at Roxby, the next village to Winterton. I quickly got out of the car to photograph the church and then we slowly drove through the village looking at the houses.






1 comment:

  1. Still loving those English place names - Scabcroft, indeed!

    ReplyDelete