Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Painful and Stiff Neck and Shoulders

I'm awake and writing this blog update at 05:30 in the morning because I've had very little sleep because of my stiff and painful neck and shoulders at the left side of my body. I've just been soaking in the bath for thirty minutes with the water as hot as I could cope with and it was shear bliss...so, at the moment I'm not feeling too bad. 

My injury isn't the result of a walking accident though, it's a sleeping accident; if such things exist. I woke up yesterday morning in absolute agony, possibly the worst pain of my entire life at times and despite taking painkillers, rubbing various analgesic creams and Deep Heat muscle balm into the area...and taking a steaming hot bath every three hours or so I still had a miserable day.

I was planning to go walking with my brother again tomorrow, only a local walk so I wouldn't be carrying my heavy rucksack. As I'm feeling at the moment I'd be fine; but what if my condition worsened during the day?


No comments:

Post a Comment