Friday, April 12, 2019

Harwell, Everton, Drakeholes, and Ranskill

I caught the Gainsborough bus and got off at Harwell. I walked down the road to the main part of the hamlet - there are several pretty cottages there that I like to photograph.









I approached Everton from the west, stopping off at the church to take some pictures; in my opinion the building's ruined by some unsympathetic modern additions...fortunately mainly at the back though - so both of my photos are taken from the front of the church.





I then made my way over to the towpath of the Chesterfield Canal; this sign that I noticed at a newly built bungalow at least confirms that I was on the correct route for the footpath.



I stopped to eat my sandwiches at Drakeholes, there are several picnic tables there.








I stayed with the canal for about a couple of miles before taking a footpath leading to Idle Valley Nature Reserve.



A safari Landrover was hidden away at an old farm which was being renovated.



I continued heading westwards across the fields to Ranskill and despite being held up at the level crossing I still managed to reach the bus stop just in time to catch the bus back to Doncaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment