Monday, March 4, 2019

Thoresby Hall, Perlethorpe, Budby Antiques Centre, Edwinstowe, Cuckney, and Dukeries Garden Centre

I wouldn't really have chosen to go out for a few hours with my support worker today because I only got back yesterday from a short break to Great Yarmouth with my brother. However, I'd already booked the day with her before I had to take the place of my father, who was too ill to travel.  I didn't want to either leave my brother and father having to cancel and lose their money...or cancel the day out with Siobhan at short notice, causing all sorts of problems. As it was the weather stayed fine and I got some lovely photographs; I really enjoyed myself...and there was scones and tea to be consumed.

We drove south to Thoresby Abbey; the cafe and several of the shops in The Courtyard were closed but we were able to get a good close-up view of the hall and then walk along the estate roads to Perlethorpe.





























It was then only a short drive to Budby Antiques Centre; the cafe and toilets were noted for future reference. We continued down the road to Edwinstowe; it's reputed that Robin Hood and Maid Marian were married in the church here.










The third church we visited was at Cuckney.







We finished off at the Dukeries Garden Centre at Welbeck Abbey, enjoying tea and scones in the cafe.



No comments:

Post a Comment