Sunday, May 29, 2022

Conisbrough, Sprotbrough, and Cusworth Hall Country Park

I went on a local walk today, mainly to test out a new pair of walking boots I bought from a charity shop a few weeks ago. I was expecting the boots to be fine, they are manufactured by a reputable company, Clark's. The grip was good, and that's important, but the leather is hard and it was rubbing against my feet; this pair is  certainly not ready for the Peak District yet...if it ever will be.

I travelled on the bus to Conisbrough and started by photographing the castle.


























I headed down into the Don Gorge: the next major landmark for me to photograph was Conisbrough Viaduct.





I took several different paths today; one of them took me right up to the edge of a quarry I'd not reached before.




I didn't go down to Lower Sprotbrough, a popular local beauty spot.







When I reached Cusworth Hall Country Park it had started raining and I now just wanted to get home as soon as possible and so didn't climb up the hill to visit the tearooms next to the hall.










No comments:

Post a Comment