Friday, May 27, 2022

Monsal Head, Brushfield, Priestcliffe, Taddington, and White Lodge Carpark

At Monsal Head you need to climb down to the viaduct that crosses the valley; this is where I started my walk today after catching the local bus from Bakewell.













I then headed west, slowly climbing up to the hamlet of Brushfield.   I continued up High Dale and then across the fields to Priestcliffe. 























I looped back to Taddington and then continued heading east, going past a strange farm and then down through the woods to the bus stop on the A6 road opposite to the White Lodge Carpark.














I went into the cubicle at the toilets at White Lodge to remove the strapping from my thigh. They're composting toilets and so don't flush, and I could feel a cold draught blowing up onto my bum. The bus arrived on time and everything went according to plan and on schedule and I arrived home at just after four o'clock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment