Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Curbar Crossroads to Hathersage

I travelled on the Bakewell bus to Curbar Crossroads and took the path across the moors to the southern end of White Edge. I walked along the top of the edge; it's set further back onto the moor than Curbar Edge and Froggatt Edge and isn't as rugged, but it still has its own charm.


























I crossed the road and entered the Longshaw Estate and soon headed off to the left going towards Bole Hill Quarry, but couldn't find my favourite area with the pond at the bottom of the sheer cliff. I briefly went down into Padley Gorge and then climbed up to the Hathersage road. I continued, climbing through some woods and passed some 1940s ruins, most likely something to do with wartime air defences.

I finished today by walking down the road to Hathersage and taking some photos of the church. Although the building was open, all of my internal shots were out of focus though.













No comments:

Post a Comment