Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Bradwell, Coplow Dale, Little Hucklow, and Castleton

Today's walk started at Bradwell. I got off the bus at the church and walked up the hill to the minor road that runs parallel to Bradwell Dale, but higher up. I then walked across the fields to Coplow Dale, steadily climbing. 

I continued south to Little Hucklow and then west along a road until I reached a path going off to the northwest, which I stayed with all the way to the road at the top of Winnats Pass.









[On most of my visits to the Peak district I now spot llamas.]


I explored the southern rim of Winnats Pass and finished by making my way down at the side of the road and then using the pavement to reach Castleton. There is a path that continues along the rim, but it's a very steep descent and so I re-traced my steps and still faced a slippery slope down to the road.







 
















No comments:

Post a Comment