Sunday, November 14, 2021

Brough, Aston, and Bamford

My train was late this morning but so was the bus at Sheffield and so I was able to catch it. I travelled to Brough in the Hope Valley and walked to Hope Station and then uphill across the fields to Aston.





I continued climbing, using the Aston Bridleway to reach Hope Cross.







I descended through the woods to the shore of Ladybower Reservoir. It had been a mostly misty and cloudy day so far but for an hour or so as I was walking down by the water's edge it was quite bright, and even sunny at times.

'Dogs must be held on lead' seems to be an unusual choice of wording on this Peak and Northern sign; does it mean that dogs must be put on their leads and then carried?





The majority of today's photos feature the reservoir.




















When I reached the dam wall I headed south along the Thornhill Trail to finish the walk at the bus stop at Bamford Station.




No comments:

Post a Comment