Friday, October 8, 2021

Foolow, Wardlow Mires, Ravensdale, Cressbrook, Ashford in the Water, and Bakewell

At Sheffield Interchange the bus driver was having a sneaky smoke before starting his shift and we were chatting and he told me that there are going to be savage cuts to bus services in Sheffield. I've not seen anything online yet...but I certainly need to investigate.

After he'd finished his cigarette I was able to get onboard and travel to Foolow.




I walked across the fields to Wardlow Mires and then down into Cressbrook Dale. Initially I took a high level footpath to be able to take some photographs looking down into the dale, but I didn't continue along that route because I couldn't see a way down.






A few yards further on I went part of the way up another path to get some close-up views of Peter's Stone; the cows were positioned perfectly for my shots.
















The entirety of the hamlet of Ravensdale is shown in the next photograph.




At this point the path becomes a narrow road which leads down into Cressbrook.





I climbed up to the Monsal Trail, passed over the viaduct and through the tunnel before taking the path to Ashford in the Water.














I finished by going on the path that goes down by the river towards Bakewell. I stepped right on the bus in Bakewell and got on the train at Sheffield as it was waiting on the platform.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment