Sunday, April 18, 2021

Ardsley, Edderthorpe, Darfield, and Conisbrough

I travelled on the X19 Barnsley bus today, but only as far as Ardsley this time. I got off the bus and walked through a housing estate until I found my first footpath, heading in a northeasterly direction along the edge of a linear wood.

This trigpoint is located at an altitude of 102 metres above sea level.



I continued along paths where I'd not been before until I reached a diversion sign; the diversion was easy to follow and went across some lovely meadows.






I think this totally unique home-made footpath sign is on the route of the diversion.




A mile or so further on I could see over to my left that one of the wind turbines near Grimethorpe has been badly damaged.



I then took a path heading south followed by one going to the east to the hamlet of Edderthorpe. I was now on the Dearne Way and stayed with it, going past the church at Darfield, on to the north of Broomhill until I reached the TransPennine Trail to the West of Bolton-on-Dearne.








I explored a landscaped spoilheap to the south of the River Dearne before continuing along the south bank of the river to rejoin the TransPennine Trail to Conisbrough where I caught the bus back home from the bus stop with the stunning view of the castle.










  I continued to Conisbrough along a route I've walked many times before and caught a bus from the bus stop next to the castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment