Sunday, August 23, 2020

Conisbrough, Old Denaby, Mexborough, High Melton, Cadeby, and Sprotbrough

I caught the bus to Conisbrough again and tried to capture some unusual angles of the castle and church before heading out of the town along Old Road. Once I'd reached the limit of the houses I turned right down Hill Top Road. and about halfway down the hill there was a footpath which went along the edge of the woods to Old Denaby. 























At Old Denaby I turned right and took the path that goes to the roadbridge that crosses the River Don.



There was just enough headroom as I walked through the tunnel going under the railway line - I'm sure though that the last I came I had to stoop.




I then continued along Pastures Road until I reached the path that goes uphill across the fields to High Melton. 
















There's a short path that goes part of the way to Cadeby, but most of the route is along the road. 



I used a different road and then a footpath that goes right next to the road to get to Sprotbrough. I've photographed the churches at Cadeby and Sprotbrough previously on recent walks and so didn't bother to today.



I went down to Lower Sprotbrough and finally it was the familiar walk back home, along the river and through Hexthorpe Flatts park. As soon as I'd crossed the river I was in the parish of Warmsworth and there's been a new sign erected to let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment