Friday, June 15, 2018

Blyth, Hodsock, Carlton in Lindrick, Gildingwells, Letwell and Dinnington

A mid-morning start today because I had to phone up the company that supplies my support worker. I needed to have my diary and some paperwork at hand and so preferred to do this at home using the landline telephone.

I had a good look round Blyth and took a lot of photos before setting off on my walk today. It's a journey of about fifty minutes on the bus from Doncaster.























I walked along the road and then down the lane to Hodsock.





It was then a cinder track for part of the way to Carlton in Lindrick. I needed to walk along the road in the village for several minutes until I picked up the footpath heading west towards Gildingwells. Although it goes right next to some gardens for the first mile or so it was very overgrown in places. As I entered Gildingwells I was informed by a snooty electronically generated voice that I was being recorded by a security camera: I stopped, smiled, and awkwardly waved...and cursed under my breath - this is a bridleway and I have every right to be here.

The route to Letwell, one of the prettiest villages in Rotherham, is due north along the road. I didn't walk through the majority of the village today though, just the western edge where the church is.













It was pleasant walk across the fields and along the road until I reached Dinnington - not a particularly attractive place, although my friend Justin really likes the town...I don't know why though.

Conveniently there's a regular bus service back to Doncaster.






No comments:

Post a Comment