Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Walking Along The Canal Towpath To Worksop

It was a later than usual start this morning because I needed to go to the chemist's to pick up my tablets; so I went on a local walk. I travelled on the Retford bus to Barnby Moor and walked for about a mile along the road until I reached the Chesterfield Canal. I then walked along the towpath to Worksop.  



 


There can't be many places in the country where a sign points to two different crematoria.




It was bright sunshine at the start of the walk, but it did cloud over in the afternoon.










There were a couple of fallen trees lying across the towpath; the first one was easy to get by but the second one required a bit of athletic gymnastics and a pulled muscle.



























Whenever I walk past this pumping house I always think it wouldn't look out of place in Venice.







When I got to the bus stop at Worksop the bus had been cancelled and so I had to wait twenty minutes for the next one; fortunately there's a live departures board. 

There's an area of the town known as Wensleydale, it was showing a bus was due on the destination board, but when I took a photograph this was what I got.





1 comment:

  1. interesting to see the tin of beans...i have seen jars of Horseradish sauce and Mustard sitting on the milestones along here...weird

    ReplyDelete