Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Cutthroat Bridge, Ughill, and Stannington

I got off the bus at Cutthroat Bridge and walked to Moscar House to the northeast, and then Sugworth Hall and Boot's Tower.
















The path then continues down towards Dale Dike Reservoir. I continued heading northeast, staying within sight of the water for a few minutes before climbing up through the woods to the road. I walked along this road, and then another road to reach the tiny village of  Ughill.


.







It was then several stretches of road and some footpaths until I reached another tiny village, Hill Top, where I talked with a local for a few minutes. He could hear his dog barking because he was now running late.

Underbank Chapel is about a mile to the east along the road; I've always found it be a difficult building to photograph.






At Stannington I got to a bus stop and saw that it was only fifteen minutes until a bus going to the city centre was due, so I ended the walk there.





                   


No comments:

Post a Comment