Saturday, May 1, 2021

Torworth, Bilby, Hodsock, and Carlton-in-Lindrick.

I started today's walk from Torworth in North Nottinghamshire and went down the country lane heading southwest towards the main road that leads into Blyth. I crossed this road and continued along a wide bridleway over to the A1. This is a very busy road and a dual carriageway but fortunately I didn't have to cross all four lanes in one go and I got across quite quickly.










I progressed along the edge of a field where pigs were kept and then an estate road going to the hamlet of Bilby. Just beyond Bilby I turned to the right, still using an estate road until it petered out into just a footpath. I'd not previously walked along these last two miles to the road near Hodsock.



Hodsock, like Bilby is an estate village.




[This was the third time I'd crossed over the River Ryton.]




Hodsock Priory isn't a priory, it's a private house.






The final mile and a half into Carlton-in-Lindrick wasvery familiar though...but it was good to be still finding stretches of footpath in this area that I'd not used before.




When I reached Carlton I visited the duckpond for the first time - there's a nice grassy area with several benches and picnic tables there.



No comments:

Post a Comment