Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Conisbrough, High Melton, Marr, and Brodsworth Community Woodland

I travelled to Conisbrough again this morning, this time heading north towards the TransPennine Trail and not going near to the castle to take any photographs as I did on Sunday. I did manage one distant shot though.




My route took me past the abandoned entrance and reception building for the Earth Centre; the rest of the buildings are now used as a conference centre.




A few minutes later I climbed up Observation Hill, I think that's its name. I sat and ate my sandwiches  near the top, but sheltered from the wind. I then decided to walk down the other side of the hill, somewhere I'd not been before and so I was curious as to where it went. It was a pleasant enough walk and a well-defined footpath for about three hundred yards until I reached an overgrown area in some woodland down  by the railway line. I didn't venture any further and turned back.



 



I continued for just over a mile until I reached Pastures Lane and then took the footpath that goes up to High Melton.




The route across the fields to Melton Wood is boring and so is the stretch over to Marr and then the few hundred yards down the road to Brodsworth Community Woodland; fortunately there was a track which led to the southern carpark.

The church at Marr is difficult to photograph; I couldn't fit in the entirety of the building from anywhere within the churchyard.



I didn't go up to the higher parts of the country park, I stayed in the lower, southeastern area on my way to the path that leads to the Roman Ridge, a footpath and cycleway which goes almost to Doncaster Town Centre. In the town centre I noticed this shop/cafe for the first time, it must have only just opened. It's the nearest I'll be getting to the Peak District for a while I should think.





No comments:

Post a Comment