Friday, October 2, 2020

Ladybower Reservoir Walk

Another few hours out in the Peak District with my support worker today; the weather could have been better but at least it stayed dry apart from a ten minute shower.

We drove to Ladybower Reservoir and did the low level circuit along the shore, quite short and easy for Siobhan. We weren't looking out for wildlife, but must have seen a dozen squirrels.






I don't think I've previously photographed the war memorial dedicated to the soldiers from Derwent village who lost their lives in the First World War - of course, it had been moved to its current location when the village was abandoned.










We had a drink of tea from the kiosk at Fairholmes Information Centre which we both found to be far too strong to our liking.


























My pacing of the walk was perfect, we arrived back at the car exactly when I said we would.



2 comments:

  1. I think that's a nice walk in any weather. At the far end on the side with no traffic there is a bench with a view of one of the viaducts. Well I was sat eating my sandwiches there one day and I noticed something moving in the water a little way up from where I was and when I looked closely I could see that it was a sheep. It actually swam from one side to the other, got out, had a big shake and started eating! I wanted to give it a round of applause. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never have believed they would do that, or even could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Rob - it's a lovely little tale.

      Delete