Monday, October 5, 2020

Tickhill, Roche Abbey, Slade Hooton, Brookhouse, Hooton Levitt, and Maltby

I went to Tickhill on the bus, took some photos of the church, the town centre, and down by the millpond and then found a path that  took me on to  Stump Cross Lane, a track that leads over to the west. 







































The next footpath isn't marked on the Ordnance Survey map, but when I reached the road there was a sign there and so I continued walking in the direction I needed to be going and reached Woolthwaite Farm. I then headed west along one of the estate roads of the Sandbeck Estate, later walking across Maltby High Common and Maltby Low Common on my way to the path that leads to Roche Abbey going along the bottom of the wooded valley.



























I walked through the woods and across the fields to Slade Hooton, and then along the road to Brookhouse.






It's a steep climb of 200 foot up the hill towards Carr. I didn't go to Carr though, instead I picked up the path I walked along a couple of weeks ago, but this time going in the opposite direction though towards Hooton Levitt and Maltby.

[I didn't notice any wasps.]





I had to wait an extra fifteen minutes at Maltby because the bus didn't arrive, fortunately it's a frequent service.
 


1 comment:

  1. An excellent area; nice pub with a connection to the St Ledger horse race

    ReplyDelete