Sunday, May 19, 2019

Hessle West Open Gardens 2019

My first visit to an Open Gardens event this summer.

Hessle is a suburban area about five miles west of Hull and although I enjoyed my day out today with my support worker I much prefer visiting the open gardens in the pretty villages. 

We arrived half an hour early and so walked down to the foreshore; I didn't take any decent photographs of the Humber Bridge or the river...but there's a row of pretty cottages near to the northern tower... almost directly beneath the overhead carriageway.









There were some lovely gardens to see today but many of them were quite similar, and because the gardens were quite spread out there was quite a bit of walking to do. There was a free minibus service provided, but we didn't fancy hanging about waiting for it though.











At one point we were quite close to the town centre and so we walked towards the shops, and the church - I couldn't find any suitable spot to photograph the church from though; this was my best attempt.



Back to the final few gardens we visited as we returned to the car; there were about four we didn't get around to seeing though because Siobhan's hip was hurting her a bit.






1 comment:

  1. I’ve always meant to do this but I keep forgetting it’s on. There are some beautiful houses over there.

    ReplyDelete