Sunday, May 5, 2019

Hathersage, Ringinglow, and Endcliffe Park

I caught the bus from Sheffield to Hathersage, went to take some photographs of the church and then headed up onto the moors. The church is difficult to photograph for me with my camera, I need a wider angle lens. I couldn't manage any photos featuring the building - only these two close-up shots from the churchyard were worth including for their interesting subject matter.





The Gospel Stone is a few hundred yards away.



It was quite busy up on the moors; I passed several hundred people as I made my way eastwards going towards Sheffield.








I only briefly entered Ringinglow before taking the path that's at the top of the Limb Valley, which I followed down for nearly a mile before finding another path that went up through the woods and then along a well-made track and a lane to Ringinglow Road. This path didn't go where I was expecting it would and I came out on Ringinglow Road quite a bit further east than planned; I soon worked out where I was though and worked out a route going down towards the Porter Valley and the end of today's walk at Endcliffe Park.







No comments:

Post a Comment