Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A List Of Things That I Think Would Make My Days Out Walking More Enjoyable

1...Bus stops marked on Ordnance Survey maps.

2...Standardisation of gate latches.

3...Farmers not placing animal feed troughs near to gates I need to use. Either I find my way ahead blocked by cows or the muddy soil is so churned up that my feet sink several inches into the mire.

4...Snacks packaging that's easier to open, especially when only using one hand.

5...Zips that can be operated using only one hand. 

6...Pubs and cafes being more honest about their attitude towards hikers with wet and muddy boots and clothing. If you'd rather we not come inside just have a sign outside saying so.

7...Velcro patches becoming standard on map cases and jackets so that maps don't flap about when they're hanging round our necks.

8...Fewer stiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment