Tuesday, December 13, 2016

More Blood Tests

I had to go for more scheduled blood tests yesterday morning, to check my average blood sugar levels for the past three months. The nurse needed to withdraw two vials full to be sent for analysis at the hospital. It's usually hard work finding the veins in my arms and so it was a genuine question when I told her that I've lost a lot of weight and didn't know if that would make it easier, or more difficult...she never got around to answering.

Well, I've now got two plasters on each arm as she valiantly struggled to get the blood to flow; apparently I was quite dehydrated, possibly due to having been walking the previous day, so she gave me a glass of water to drink and within seconds she then had no problems withdrawing the blood.

Getting dehydrated is something I will need to be on the lookout for in the future; because I don't excessively perspire now and don't feel thirsty any more I probably forget to drink as much, and as often, as I need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment