Friday, December 30, 2016

A Short Holiday With My Brother: Day One

This short break was totally unexpected, and unplanned. My parents had booked a four day holiday in the North West but couldn't go because they both had bad colds...so I got to go away for a few days with my brother, rather than the holiday having to be cancelled.

It was an opportunity for me to visit parts of the country I haven't seen since I was a child.



DAY ONE: Visiting Skipton En Route To Morecambe

We had two and a half hours at Skipton; enough time to pose for photographs in front of the castle gatehouse, visit the parish church, find a nice pretty walk at the back of the castle that was recommended by our parents, and continue along the canal towpath to the canal basin to look at the boats...and look in the shops of course.















We then continued on our journey to Morecambe, where we would be staying for the next three nights. The route took us past Ingleton, where I recognised the step pyramid shaped hill of Ingleborough, one of the famous Yorkshire Three Peaks.

When we arrived at the hotel, which was right on the seafront, the evening meal and accommodation turned out to be fine, as were all of the meals and service...no complaints there.

No comments:

Post a Comment