Friday, December 3, 2021

Down In The Don Gorge Again

Back to the local walks today; I travelled on the bus to Conisbrough and walked back to the town centre along the river.

The main gates at the castle were padlocked shut but there's public access through a side gate a little down the hill.










I used a couple of different footpaths to get down into the Doin Gorge. I passed this structure which I think is a jump for the mountainbikers; it's about eight foot high.




A bit further on I passed this very narrow bridge. I wouldn't want to be walking across it, it's very narrow and there's a ten foot drop - yet again I think it's for the mountainbikers.




I crossed over the viaduct and walked on the other side of the river to reach Sprotbrough.













Just beyond Newton I noticed that the riverside footpath was no longer closed; this was because the new footbridge has now been installed.




No comments:

Post a Comment