Monday, August 26, 2019

Epworth Agricultural Show 2019

Another day out with Siobhan, my support worker from Social Services. We went to the Epworth Agricultural Show, somewhere that's less than twenty miles away but almost impossible to reach on public transport.

The weather was lovely, sunny all day and the temperature reached nearly ninety degrees; I think some of the animals were struggling a bit in the heat though.




















Overall I was rather disappointed with my day out; there weren't enough agriculture related attractions and activities...there were no hedging, dry stone walling, or sheep shearing demonstrations. The catering options were poor; there was nowhere to go to get a cream tea, or just a pot of tea and a slice of cake...and there was no butcher there selling game, so I couldn't get a rabbit pie, or mixed game pie.

We did eventually get our tea and cake though - at the garden centre cafe in Epworth.

1 comment:

  1. I have been there many times, mostly as a trader in the craft tent. It's more for families, kids fairground and beer tent, with some demonstrations in the arena, and charity stalls around the edge.

    ReplyDelete