Tuesday, July 17, 2018

New Timetable For Bus Service 65

There's a new timetable for the Sheffield to Buxton service, starting on July 22nd. From what I can see it looks pretty similar to the current one, maybe one more bus in each direction and a bit of consolidation with the Chesterfield route. Oh, and it's now split between two operators, High Peak Travel and Stagecoach, which might cause some problems with ticket and validity for some passengers...of course it won't affect me because I've got my disabled person's free travel pass, valid at all times on all routes.



I can't confirm this, but on the South Yorkshire Transport Forum webpage it's been mentioned that maybe some of the buses will serve Wormhill and Waterswallows - this means that an additional small area of countryside to the north and north-west of Buxton is available for me to explore. I've already explored the Wormhill area, it's a pretty enough village with some nice walks down into Peter Dale and Hay Dale but a couple of  miles further along the route in order to reach anywhere interesting I'll need to walk down roads where there are industrial units...I might give it a try though if I'm able to get there on the bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment