Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fairholmes to Hope

I was stuck on the train just outside Sheffield Midland Station for twenty minutes waiting for a set of points to be repaired; I still managed to catch my bus to Fairholmes though...but only just.

I quickly climbed up through woodland to reach the pastures at Lockerbrook Farm.



The path down to the Snake Pass road was quite muddy in places, but it wasn't a problem - ahead of me there were some lovely views looking to the west.












After I'd descended down to the road, even though I took the lower of the two paths at the other side of the valley I still needed to climb up quite a bit from the river; the higher I climbed, the better the view was.







This next photographs show the Great Ridge which I could see once I'd climbed up through more woodland to reach the open countryside at the higher altitudes.





I sat in a lovely sheltered spot near to where the second photo was taken and ate my sandwiches. It was then a lovely walk down to the Edale road. A short stretch of walking along the road was required until I picked up a footpath again and headed off to Hope.


There are a couple of interesting, eclectic shops at Hope; I'm more interested in the cafes and tearooms though. The Adventure Cafe was closed today, the Old Hall Tearooms were very busy as was the small Grasshopper Cafe; I did manage to find somewhere to sit outside at the Courtyard Cafe though. I had plenty of time to entire my pot of tea and a large piece of lemon shortbread before I had to catch the bus back to Sheffield.

No comments:

Post a Comment