Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bus Services

I'm not walking today because the weather is rather miserable. I quite often go to the Peak District on Sundays though because the bus service from Sheffield is actually much better than it is during the  rest of the week; there are extra routes to Hartington and the Upper Derwent Valley, specifically for walkers. However, the train service from Doncaster to Sheffield on Sundays is very limited - the first train [which I catch] departs at 08:03. However, because of engineering work, it's sometimes cancelled. The replacement bus service or the regular X78 service to Sheffield take too long and so if the train is cancelled I just go back home - I live quite near to the railway station. The second scheduled train departure isn't until 09:15 - the middle of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment