Monday, February 6, 2023

Pilsley, Hassop, Calver, Curbar, and Curbar Crossroads

I caught the bus that goes to Bakewell via Chatsworth House and got off at Pilsley. I walked down the path to the Bakewell road and then along the bridleway to Hassop. 

























I love the Catholic Church at Hassop; it's in an awkward location though and it's difficult to find the angles to photograph it.









After passing through the village I headed to the east, going uphill along a narrow country road until I reached the footpath that goes to Calver.














I managed to avoid walking along the busy road to Curbar but then needed to use a  much quieter road, climbing up to Curbar Gap and then continuing to Curbar Crossroads where I caught the bus going back to Sheffield.

The weather was lovely today, but I probably spent too much time walking on tarmac...it was easy on my knee though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment