Friday, January 6, 2023

Barnby Moor, Bilsby, and Worksop

There are still problems on the trains, either there's a strike or  disruptions caused by trains being in the wrong place at the start of the day.  So...I caught the Retford bus and got off at Barnby Moor. I walked down a track to the A1 road and crossed it without too much difficult; I only had to wait for a few seconds as I walked across each carriageway.













I continued using estate roads as I passed through the hamlet of Bilsby and headed towards Worksop . There's a bridge over the River Ryton at Bilsby, but there's also a ford which I've used on previous visits to walk through and wash my boots - I obviously didn't want to do that today; the water was deep and fast flowing.
















I needed to walk through the housing estates to the Doncaster road at the railway station to catch a bus back home. A walk of about nine miles; mainly very easy going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment