Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Two Different Footpaths At Sprotbrough

I managed to find a couple of different footpaths going up through the woods at Sprotbrough today, they weren't particularly interesting but it was still a lovely walk.

The weir at Crumpsall was very loud this morning - it's officially called a 'rock ramp' though. 







The recently re-opened footpath along the riverbank was possibly even muddier than the one I'd been using that goes across a ploughed field. The muddy section was for only a few yards and by going this way I did get a slightly different approach to Newton.








This field, on the approach to Sprotbrough, was flooded the last time I was here.




I went out onto the island and found a comfortable spot to eat my sandwiches, right at the water's edge with a good view of the falls.

















On my way back into town, as I was walking over North Bridge I spotted this ScotRail train waiting to go into the workshops.




No comments:

Post a Comment