Monday, February 10, 2020

X71 Timetable






Hulley's have just published the timetable for the new forthcoming bus service going to Hanley from Sheffield. It's a weekend and bank holidays only service and only one bus goes all the way over to Hanley. Nonetheless I will be able to take advantage of this route to travel towards Alton Towers and reach some very nice walking country from there and the intermediate stops en route. The intermediate stops and full route haven't been published yet...apart from Hartington, but Dovedale and the Manifold Valley should be reachable and areas further south such as the pretty estate village of Osmaston and the ruins of Croxden Abbey.

The morning departure from Sheffield on a Saturday is at 0840, that won't be a problem for me but the Sunday departure is at the same time and my train from Doncaster isn't scheduled to arrive at Sheffield until 0838 so I'll probably miss the bus more weeks than I'll catch it and so will need an alternative walk planned.

When full details are available I'll be able to start making my plans...I'm really looking forward to my walks in the southern parts of the Peak District and beyond, this summer.



UPDATE:

The full timetable has now been published:



I'm glad that the bus is stopping at Hulme End on its way to Alton Towers - it's a good spot for accessing the Manifold Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment