Saturday, August 25, 2018

Walking The Entire Length Of the Selby Canal

The Selby Canal is only six miles long, linking the River Ouse at Selby to the River Aire at Chapel Haddlesey, and I walked along its entire length today using the towpath. I wanted a nice easy walk  - the most tiring part of the day was the travelling on the buses.

I took plenty of photographs of the abbey as soon as I got off the bus at Selby before heading off down Ousegate towards the canal.















I passed by some buildings that formed part of the first railway station in Yorkshire - I didn't know about this before and keenly read all of the information; I hope my photograph is clear enough for you to be able to read it as well.



I soon reached the canal basin and commenced my walk to towards the River Aire.



















I got to the bus stop at Chapel Haddlesey forty minutes before the next bus to Doncaster was due and so was able to walk down to the church. It's an interesting building dating from early twentieth century but its setting is poor for photography; it's closed in by trees and nearby buildings.





No comments:

Post a Comment